Join the Run the City Squad
Applications are for the 2018 ASB Auckland Marathon Ambassador program are now closed.
Thank you to the 400+ amazing people who applied! Our team was blown away by the response, and it took us a little longer than expected to sort through the applications as there were so many inspiring stories.
However, we are very proud and excited to announce eight official ASB Auckland Marathon ambassadors for 2018. Take a few minutes to read their profiles here and be sure to follow them on social to see how their tracking towards their goals.
Sounds cool, but what's in it for me?
Our ASB Auckland Marathon Ambassadors will receive all this good stuff:
A free 2018 race entry for you plus a friend or family member.
Style It Up
ASB Auckland Marathon merchandise.
Live It Up
VIP function invitations.
Share Your Journey
We will profile you and your journey on the ASB Auckland Marathon website and social media channels, which provides you a platform to inspire others!
A wicked gift pack from our awesome sponsors.
Gift pack includes:
- 6 x 'Eat My Lunch' vouchers and access to ASB site at Victoria Park
- 2 x return ferry tickets to Waiheke island and Rangitoto Island
- A pair of ASICS running shoes and ASICS merch.
- Fitbit Versa
- A stash of John West and Powerade to fuel your training.
That's great, but what does an ASB Auckland Marathon Ambassador actually do?
We want your help to inspire more people to run, so to do this, our Ambassadors will be asked to help with the following:
- At least 1 social media post on Facebook or Instagram per fortnight. Social posts could be themed around sharing your own training journey, running tips, favorite places to run in Auckland etc. We want you to share this content on your personal social media channels, but be happy for ASB Auckland Marathon and our sponsors to share it.
- You must be committed to training and participating in the 2018 ASB Auckland Marathon (any distance)
- You will be our superstar runners, so we want you to be available for any media opportunities that come up.
- Be open to working with the ASB Social Media team