FINISH LINE: Victoria Park, Fanshawe Street, Auckland
ATHLETE CHECK IN: 8am – 7pm Friday 21 January, 8am – 5pm Saturday 22 January– at The Cloud. You will need to provide Photo ID (preferably a drivers licence or passport) to be issued with a race number, timing device, official race day gear bag and gear bag tag.
25 Feb - 14 Apr
15 Apr - 16 Jun
17 Jun - 14 Nov
15 Nov - 16 Jan
17 Jan - 22 Jan
|Marathon - Student||$105.00||$120.00||$135.00||$155.00||$170.00|
|Half Marathon - Student||$80.00||$90.00||$105.00||$120.00||$135.00|
|11km Traverse - Student||$65.00||$75.00||$85.00||$95.00||$110.00|
|5km - Adult||$45.00||$50.00||$55.00||$65.00||$70.00|
|5km - Child||$35.00||$40.00||$45.00||$50.00||$60.00|
Prices are inclusive of all fees and taxes.
Student pricing applies to all school and tertiary students studying in New Zealand. Valid student I.D. must be shown at Athlete Check-in.
Please Note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars. Entries close 5pm Saturday 22nd January 2022, or once the event is sold out.
|15 Apr 2021||Early entry fee applies|
|17 Jun 2021||General entry fee applies|
|15 Nov 2021||Late entry fee applies|
|1 Dec 2021||Cut-off date for personalised bibs (name & Roadsters)|
|7 Jan 2022||Online merchandise closes|
|17 Jan 2022||Race week entry fee applies|
|19 Jan 2022||Online shuttle tickets close, purchase at Athlete Check-in only|
|19 Jan 2022||Online entries close|
Entry Fees Include
- Race Number
- Timing device
- Official race day gear bag
- Gear bag tag
- Medical support/assistance
- Aid stations on the course (supplied with water, isotonic sports drink, toilets and first aid)
- Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food & drink vendors
- Finishers medal (All distances: Full, Half, 11km, 5km and Kids Marathon)
- Official ASB Auckland Marathon technical trucker, running cap or visor. (Full, Half & 11km only), Note there is limited stock of each style, so enter early to ensure you receive your favourite!
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
|31 October 2021||45% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date|
|12 December 2021||22% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date|
**The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, are not refundable.
**Athletes who have deferred or transferred into this event from a previous year or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Please note: It is each athlete’s sole responsibility to ensure that they can attend and compete in the event on the day. Other than as provided for in the Athlete Withdrawal program set out above, no refunds will be given for change of mind, change of personal circumstances, or injury.
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes must log into their MyEvents account and select Change Category on or before 19 January 2022. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Athlete Check-in.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance event and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date.
- Person to Person transfers accepted up until 11:59pm (NZT) on 19 January 2022. No person to person transfers accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $27NZD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered.
- The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will not be transferred with your entry but will be refunded. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- As Shuttle Bus tickets are non-refundable, the person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must log in to their MyEvents account, select Transfer Registration and follow the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will be sent a link to complete the registration and will need to pay for the entry (at the current entry price) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27NZD including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our athletes on course.
|19 January 2022||Online distance transfers close|
|19 January 2022||Person to person transfers close|
What if ASB Auckland Marathon does not take place on Sunday 31 October 2021 or 23 January 2022, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the new date. We will provide as much notice as we can. If for reasons beyond the Event Operator’s control the event does not take place at all (including reasons relating to COVID-19), all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the same event in 2022/2023 (or, if the event is not confirmed to take place in 2022/2023, athletes will be provided with an Event Credit to the value of their entry fee which can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand for three years from issue). In the circumstance set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee (or any portion of) or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if I can’t make the date I have been moved into?
Athletes will be given a limited time opportunity to alternatively take an Event Credit to the value of their entry (including additional purchases). This Event Credit can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand.
If you're running the ASB Auckland Marathon as a group or team (corporate, school, family or friends), booking a marquee at our Victoria Park finish line is a great way to recover, relax and celebrate your efforts together.
Your team captain can book a Victoria Park marquee online, then choose from a range of add-on options including furniture and catering from our preferred suppliers.
Please be aware that the nature of the Victoria Park Village space means that marquees are limited and we cannot guarantee they will remain available. We recommend that you book well in advance to avoid missing out.
If you would like further information, please contact us and we will do our very best to help you.
For invoice payment options, please email email@example.com
Bookings close Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Team & Group Entries
The ASB Auckland Marathon can take care of all your team and group entry requirements. Below is some information on what we offer various types of large groups. Please contact us directly with your query or group booking requirement on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch, establish your needs and provide you with all you need to get entered!
FACT: Running is easier and more fun with a group. This is why we’ve pulled together this awesome offer for you to take to your boss, sports club, principal, or family and encourage them to join your ASB Auckland Marathon team.
Benefits of entering a team:
- Bulk race pack collection. Teams of 20 or more can nominate one member to collect race packs from Athlete Check-in on behalf of the entire team. This service MUST be requested by 1 December.
- Pay via invoice. If you can convince your boss to shout the entry fees, or a percentage of them, then this is the option for you.
- Team name on race bibs. That way Aucklanders will know which workplace has the most fun! Team members MUST have registered by 1 December to have their team name printed.
Travel Groups or Running Clubs
We expect the 2021 ASB Auckland Marathon demand for entries to be high. To ensure your group doesn’t miss out, travel companies and running clubs can pre-purchase group allotments. The minimum group allotment is 10 entries. You can also pre-purchase event bus and ferry transport.
We will invoice you for the requested group number and payment is required 30 days from invoice date. Once payment is made we will provide instructions on your group entry process. Your participants will be required to complete their own entry into the system using a unique code which we will issue you with and to ensure they each can sign and acknowledge the athlete waiver.
Online entries for Travel Groups and Running Clubs close midnight 10th October 2021. No changes will be accepted after this date.