RACE DATE: Sunday 1 November 2020
DISTANCES: Marathon, Half Marathon, 11km, 5km, Kid's Marathon
FINISH LINE: Victoria Park, Fanshawe Street, Auckland
ATHLETE CHECK IN: 8am – 7pm Friday 30 October, 8am – 5pm Saturday 31 October – at The Cloud. You will need to provide Photo ID (preferably a drivers licence or passport) to be issued with a race number, timing device, official race day gear bag and gear bag tag.
18 February - 17 June
18 June - 8 September
9 September - 15 October
16 October - 29 October
30 October - 31 October
|Price||Price incl 8% Active Fee||Price||Price incl 8% Active Fee||Price||Price incl 8% Active Fee||Price||Price incl 8% Active Fee||Price||Price incl 8% Active Fee|
|Marathon - student||$91.80||$99.14||$107.10||$115.67||$122.40||$132.19||$137.70||$148.72||$153.00||$165.24|
|Half Marathon - student||$71.40||$77.11||$81.60||$88.13||$91.80||$99.14||$107.10||$115.67||$122.40||$132.19|
|11km Traverse - student||$56.10||$60.59||$66.30||$71.60||$76.50||$82.62||$86.70||$93.64||$96.90||$104.65|
|5km - Adult||$40.80||$44.06||$45.90||$49.57||$51.00||$55.08||$56.10||$60.59||$61.20||$66.10|
|5km - Child||$30.60||$33.05||$35.70||$38.56||$40.80||$44.06||$45.90||$49.57||$51.00||$55.08|
Active Fee is the total process fee imposed by The ACTIVE Network, LLC, or its applicable subsidiary, (collectively ACTIVE) including sums charged by ACTIVE as consideration for providing its software and services (including without limitation promotional and marketing services) to the activity organiser. The sums, as part of the total processing fee, are in addition to any actual costs incurred by ACTIVE from third party providers for each transaction.
Student pricing applies to all school and tertiary students studying in New Zealand. Valid student I.D. must be shown at Athlete Check-in.
Please Note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars. Entries close 5pm Saturday 31st October 2020, or once the event is sold out.
Entries for personalised bibs (name) closes at midnight Sunday 20th September, 2020. Entrants after this will not have a name printed on their bib.
Entry Fees Include
- Race Number
- Timing device
- Official race day gear bag
- Gear bag tag
- Medical support/assistance
- Aid stations on the course (supplied with water, isotonic sports drink, toilets and first aid)
- Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food & drink vendors
- Finishers medal (All distances: Full, Half, 11km, 5km and Kids Marathon)
- Official ASB Auckland Marathon technical trucker, running cap or visor. (Full, Half & 11km only), Note there is limited stock of each style, so enter early to ensure you receive your favourite!
Refunds and Transfers
|18 February 2020||Entries open|
|17 June 2020||Super early entries close|
|8 September 2020||Early entries close|
|20 September 2020||Refunds close|
|27 September 2020||Cut-off date for personalised bibs (name & Roadsters)|
|15 October 2020||General entries close|
|29 October 2020||Late entries close|
|29 October 2020||Online distance transfers close|
|29 October 2020||Person-to-person transfers close|
|29 October 2020||Online transportation bookings close|
|31 October 2020||Onsite entries and distance transfers close|
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you withdraw from the race, your bus and or ferry tickets are non-refundable.
Where eligible, please allow up to 7 days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, please email email@example.com.
Certificates, Transport Tickets and all event merchandise are non-refundable and non-transferable.
ATHLETE WITHDRAWAL DATES FOR ALL ATHLETES (other than those who have transferred from another Ironman New Zealand event)
|9 August 2020||50% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date.|
|20 September 2020||25% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date.|
ATHLETE WITHDRAWAL DATES FOR ALL ATHLETES transferred from another Ironman New Zealand event into the AUCKLAND Marathon 2020
|Please refer to Athlete Withdrawal Dates for the original Ironman New Zealand event for which the original entry was purchased. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.|
**For athletes transferred from another Ironman New Zealand event into the Auckland Marathon 2020, all selections are final and no further refunds (unless set out above) are available. Transfers shall be made in accordance with the Transfer rules set out below.
TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY TO SOMEONE ELSE
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer dates. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
Note: It is not permitted to transfer your race entry to someone else other than through this process, including on Race Day. It is very important for health and safety reasons for us to know the correct identity of every athlete on course, and accordingly it is strictly prohibited to race under another person's race bib. Any athletes caught doing this will be disqualified and may be prevented from entering future events.
Conditions of transfer:
- A transfer fee of $27 including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else to a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- All shuttle bus, ferry tickets and Merchandise are non-transferable and non-refundable. The person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new transport tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant logs in to their MyEvents account, finds the registration they wish to transfer and clicks the link ‘Transfer Registration’, and then follows the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the entry fee at the current price in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27 including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our runners on course.
TRANSFER YOUR ENTRY TO A DIFFERENT EVENT DISTANCE
Transfers between race distances can be made in accordance with the below stated Online Distance Transfer dates, or until the race is sold out. After this date, if you wish to transfer, this must be done in person at Athlete Check-in during race week (subject to availability).
- A transfer fee of $27 including all fees and taxes will be charged for all transfers between distances.
- Please be aware that you cannot transfer to a sold out event.
- If you decide to upgrade your event to a longer distance and space is available, you will need to pay the difference in entry fees.
- If you decide to downgrade your event to a shorter distance and space is available, unfortunately we are not able to refund the difference in entry fees.
- Any transport you have previously purchased is non-transferable and non-refundable.
If you would like to transfer between race distances in accordance with the below stated Online Distance Transfer dates, please log in to your MyEvents account and select 'Change Category'.
Online Distance and Person to Person Transfer cut off dates
|29 October 2020||Online distance transfers close|
|29 October 2020||Person-to-person transfers close|
COVID-19 Related Policies
What if the event does not take place on 1 November 2020, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic? All registered athletes will be provided the option of a Free Deferral to ASB Auckland Marathon 2021 or an Event Credit, which can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group's portfolio of events in New Zealand.
What if I am unable to get to the 2020 event (or, if rescheduled, the 2021 event) due to border restrictions? If this still remains the case less than 30 days out from the event, affected Athletes will be offered an Event Credit to the value of your entry (including additional purchases).
Team & Group Entries
The ASB Auckland Marathon can take care of all your team and group entry requirements. Below is some information on what we offer various types of large groups. Please contact us directly with your query or group booking requirement on email@example.com and we will get in touch, establish your needs and provide you with all you need to get entered!
FACT: Running is easier and more fun with a group. This is why we’ve pulled together this awesome offer for you to take to your boss, sports club, principal, or family and encourage them to join your ASB Auckland Marathon team.
Benefits of entering a team:
- Bulk race pack collection. Teams of 20 or more can nominate one member to collect race packs from Athlete Check-in on behalf of the entire team. This service MUST be requested by 27 September Terms & Conditions.
- Pay via invoice. If you can convince your boss to shout the entry fees, or a percentage of them, then this is the option for you.
- Team name on race bibs. That way Aucklanders will know which workplace has the most fun! Team members MUST have registered by 27 September to have their team name printed.
Travel Groups or Running Clubs
We expect the 2020 ASB Auckland Marathon demand for entries to be high. To ensure your group doesn’t miss out, travel companies and running clubs can pre-purchase group allotments. The minimum group allotment is 10 entries. You can also pre-purchase event bus and ferry transport.
We will invoice you for the requested group number and payment is required 30 days from invoice date. Once payment is made we will provide instructions on your group entry process. Your participants will be required to complete their own entry into the system using a unique code which we will issue you with and to ensure they each can sign and acknowledge the athlete waiver.
Online entries for Travel Groups and Running Clubs close midnight 12th October 2020. No changes will be accepted after this date.
Have any questions or need help?
Phone: 09 601 9590
If you're running the ASB Auckland Marathon as a group or team (corporate, school, family or friends), booking a marquee at our Victoria Park finish line is a great way to recover, relax and celebrate your efforts together.
Your team captain can book a Victoria Park marquee online, then choose from a range of add-on options including furniture and catering from our preferred suppliers.
Please be aware that the nature of the Victoria Park Village space means that marquees are limited and we cannot guarantee they will remain available. We recommend that you book well in advance to avoid missing out.
If you would like further information, please contact us and we will do our very best to help you. For invoice payment options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings close Friday, 25 September at 12pm.