|Date||Sunday 28th October|
|Entry Fee||View Entry Fees here|
|Start Line||Corner Beaumont and Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland Click here to view a map of the start area|
|Finish Line||Victoria Park, Fanshawe Street, Auckland|
|Minimum Age||Must be aged between 7 and 13 years on race day to compete. Entrants between 7 - 9 years may be accompanied by one adult on course. Children aged 10 – 13 years are required to run on their own.|
|Timing Results||Timing results will be provided by age group category. The Kids Marathon age categories are as follows for boys and girls, 7-9 years and 10-12 years.|
|Prizes||All Barfoot & Thompson Kids Marathon finishers receive a medal.
The Kids Marathon starts on Beaumont Street at the corner of Madden Street. The course travels down Beaumont Street, continuing onto Hamer Street and around the Tank Farm onto Brigham Street. The course takes a left turn into Jellicoe Street, right into Halsey Street and then it's a straight run down to the finish line in the heart of Victoria Park.
* All start times and event courses are subject to change dependent on road conditions and road availability. The start times and event courses will be confirmed in advance of the event and course description and maps will be updated with the final event course.
The Barfoot & Thompson Kids Marathon can be an 8 week, 10 week or 12 week training programme that enables all kids age 7 - 13 to complete a full marathon (42.2 kilometres) by running between approximately 3-5 kilometres per week depending on the training programme.
The programme is completed in grand fashion as each child is able to finish the final 2.2 kilometres of the marathon distance in front of thousands of cheering fans, friends and family through the finish line of the ASB Auckland Marathon on 28 October 2018.
How the program works:
- 12, 10 or 8 week programmes.
- Programmes start w/c 6 August, 20nd August, 3 September 2018
- 3-4km per week for 12 weeks
- 4km per week for 10 weeks
- 5km per week for 8 weeks
- 1km per session
- Final 2. 2kk completed on race day of ASB Auckland Marathon
- Finish through main finish gantry on Fanshawe St of ASB Auckland Marathon
General entries cost $25.00* per child *Price includes GST, less 8% Active fee
- Entries are to be completed through the online entry process at or via their participating school as a team entry.